Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released an iTunes 12.12.4 update for Windows, with the new software adding several security fixes to address vulnerabilities.

itunes-for-windows.jpg

According to Apple's security support document for the new Windows version of iTunes, it includes fixes for AppleGraphicsControl, ImageIO, Mobile Device Service, WebKit, and more.

Apple did not mention that the exploits were found in the wild, but iTunes for Windows users should still update to the latest version when possible. There are no other outward-facing changes, with iTunes 12.12.4 focusing on under-the-hood improvements.

iTunes for Windows can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store or from Apple's website.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 12.12.4 for Windows With Security Updates

Reactions: MacNerd01

FrenziedEngi

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2016
Why is it easier to pay $5 for an app than $0.99?

Open source if you want to compile for yourself.

I gladly support the developer with a few bucks for the convenience of the MS Store download. ?

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
It took them only 3 years to make it load properly on seconds and not in minutes :p

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
They've been working on Apple Music for Windows... wonder what's taking so long? I mean, Apple's TV app is on Windows and Xbox.

jicon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
Open source if you want to compile for yourself.

I gladly support the developer with a few bucks for the convenience of the MS Store download. ?
If you want to try it first, you don't even need to compile yourself with precompiled executables available on the site. https://github.com/ciderapp/cider-releases/releases

Seems to use about 3% of my processor when playing, and 350MB of memory which is more than adequate.

No5tromo

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Still use it at work when I have to do a factory reset on a locked device, can't be arsed to move to the mac workstation just to use Apple Configurator

Monstieur

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2018
To anyone still using the flaming pile of garbage that is iTunes on windows, do yourself a favor and use Cider instead.
It doesn't support uploading and matching your own tracks, or local library management, both of which are key features of iTunes (and the Music app on macOS). Third-party media managers are useless to those who want everything (Apple Music / Uploaded / Matched) in the iOS Music app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.