Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

High-end MacBook Pro models are experiencing extended delivery times due to component shortages and ongoing lockdowns in China caused by the global pandemic, according to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.

macbook-pro-4.jpg

In the online Apple Store, M1 Max and custom M1 Pro versions of the 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro deliveries are delayed until late May or early June, and in-store pickups are unavailable until June.

We have also heard from several MacRumors readers who were waiting on MacBook Pro models ordered in March and April and who have now had their shipments significantly delayed because of Apple's supply issues.

MacRumors reader Eric, for example, ordered in March and was supposed to receive his machine by April 22, but now his order has been delayed until mid-May. MacRumors reader Vera was supposed to get an M1 Max MacBook Pro on April 13, but now the estimated delivery date is May 9 to May 16.

We've received several reports from frustrated Apple customers who have been patiently waiting for their MacBook Pro models to arrive in April, and many of them are now being forced to wait until at least May as Apple tries to solve its supply issues.

Apple might provide more color on its supply chain problems during Q2 2022 earnings call which is set to take place on Thursday, April 28. In addition to MacBook Pro shipping delays, Apple is also seeing delays for the Mac Studio with M1 Ultra chips, and some Intel-based Mac Pro models.

The MacBook Air, Mac mini, and iMac appear to be readily available, as do Apple's iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches.

Article Link: Some MacBook Pro Models Seeing Significantly Extended Delivery Times Due to Lockdowns in China

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
But a few minutes ago a coworker told me his CTO M1 mini was to arrive next week and is now delayed from China.

Reactions: RalfTheDog

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
On March 30, I ordered a 14" base model with an SSD upgrade to 1TB. As of now, Apple still shows the expected delivery date between April 20 and 27, same as when I ordered it.

I know this might get pushed back to May, but for now it's the same as before.

If you order the same model today, the expected delivery date is between June 1 and June 16. Yikes.

planteater

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2020
Default configurations in stock for pickup today must be getting a second look by many. Fortunately the machine I wanted was available for pickup. M1 Pro 16/16/1TB. It must suck for you guys needing higher specs.

Reactions: roncron

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Interesting. I see the “base” max 16” 32 core model I have (max/32gb/1tb) is in stock at most Boston area stores. It’s a high spec unit unless you need more RAM or storage.

However. The ones that don’t currently have it … it won’t be in stock until June. So something is definitely going on.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
In the online Apple Store, M1 Max and custom M1 Pro versions of the 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro deliveries are delayed until late May or early June, and in-store pickups are unavailable until June.

That's a long delay.

Imagine if pricing for slightly used MBP's with M1 Max and M1 Pro chips end up like used car prices where you can sell it for more than you paid? ?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Does this mean a new Mac now will have to undergo 2 weeks of quarantine before turning it on or handling it?
Leave it in the box for 2 weeks?
Contaminated box?
Contaminated packing materials?
Contaminated outer enclosure?
Contaminated inner components that the fan will blow into the room?

8901CCE1-CB18-4841-BBA2-1934F256567D.jpeg

Bug-Creator

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2011
Germany
On March 30, I ordered a 14" base model with an SSD upgrade to 1TB. As of now, Apple still shows the expected delivery date between April 20 and 27, same as when I ordered it.

Depending on where you are your order has already left the port and all delays that might occur would be on the domestic side and you dodged the bullet by a week or two.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005

I know this might get pushed back to May, but for now it's the same as before.

If you order the same model today, the expected delivery date is between June 1 and June 16. Yikes.
Or the Apple Refurbished store has a great selection right now with immediate delivery.

Sean.

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
Yeah… I got a notification a week ago from Apple saying my 16” MBP would be delayed another month. I ordered the MBP on Feb 18th. Hopefully there won’t be another delay. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.