Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
My Wallet still is not syncing. Maybe it needs an iOS Update too.
We weill see. At least my Apple Pay Cards are working fine.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Like all apple products now a weekly reboot is pretty much a must to keep them working properly. Sad but true.
I actually have to reboot it several times a day. Usually in the morning I have to turn my phone and my watch off when taking my watch off the charger. Otherwise it won’t work smoothly. Then in the middle of the day. If I throw it on the charger while at work. I have to reboot both my phone and watch again. Or else it doesn’t work right. It’s an S7 and I have had so many issues since getting it.

• Wow
Reactions: blob.DK

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Just to give another perspective, I have owned all Apple Watches since the very first and never had a single problem with any of those not working as intended. So in my personal experience, the Watch is and always was rock solid. The first gen was quite slow in general and the music sync process is still kinda opaque, but other than that no issues for me.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
Like all apple products now a weekly reboot is pretty much a must to keep them working properly. Sad but true.
My household has close to 15 Apple devices that are all actively used — phones, watches, laptops, speakers, Apple TV. Other than updates, they are rarely rebooted, no more than every few months.

Maybe we just happen to get devices without issues but we’ve had dozens more Apple products over the past two decades and have never needed to reboot regularly to keep them working well.

I’m not saying no one ever has problems, I’m just saying a weekly reboot is not “pretty much” required for “all Apple products”.

revs

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2008
UK
My watch was glowing away on its charging stand at 2am this morning, I didn't know why the screen wasn't dimming (usually its in bedside mode). I pulled it off the stand and went back to sleep. Only when I put it on in the morning did I realise why - It told me the watch had been removed from the charger, and an update failed to install!

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
I set an alarm on my AW7 (to vibrate) to wake me up at 4:15am yesterday to catch a flight. I just happened to wake up at 4:35am and when I looked at my watch, it was on the alarm screen but there was no vibration happening. I have used this to wake me up for years. Either I slept through the alarm (which has never happened before) or the vibration never happened. Does anyone know what happens to the vibration alarm if you ignore it? Will it stop after some time? Does it then start again? Don't want that to happen again!!!
That happened to me before, it can be on and off.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Dont update unless you want the unity watchface ruined. The pills are now transparent instead of black. Nice job as usual apple :mad:
8E8F43E0-2A80-4CEF-99B2-2491049B473D.jpeg
6F1CA554-99AA-459D-A0D4-A31BAD116F81.jpeg

Last edited:

Foofighter893

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2021
Hopefully this fixes my charging issue with an S7 SS since 8.4 did not. My issue is that about once a week my watch will charge up about 20% and then it’ll start to drop pretty rapidly, all while still on the charger. If I look in settings-battery it shows that it was indeed on the charger but the graph is going up and then downward. Using MagSafe duo with official 30 watt brick. Apple replaced my watch once and that did not fix it.

Last edited:

imnotthewalrus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2015
earth
I actually have to reboot it several times a day. Usually in the morning I have to turn my phone and my watch off when taking my watch off the charger. Otherwise it won’t work smoothly. Then in the middle of the day. If I throw it on the charger while at work. I have to reboot both my phone and watch again. Or else it doesn’t work right. It’s an S7 and I have had so many issues since getting it.
And I assume you've sought support?

Coltaine

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Dont update unless you want the unity watchface ruined. The pills are now transparent instead of black. Nice job as usual apple :mad:
View attachment 1953082 View attachment 1953081
Same here, the pills became transparent after the update (AW 7). For what it's worth, I filed a bug report at Apple. On the other side, I don't face any of the other problems, people are reporting here. Besides sluggish syncing of iMessages maybe. But that has been the case for so long now (first watchOS 8 update?) that I almost don't bother anymore.

Eurisko2

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2015
I had terrible battery drain after going to 8.4. I'm hoping 8.4.1 addresses that.
I have noticed after updating, I suddenly started getting email notifications on my watch (I get a LOT of email at work). It's disabled in the watch app. I rebooted the watch and it hasn't came back since.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Same here, the pills became transparent after the update (AW 7). For what it's worth, I filed a bug report at Apple. On the other side, I don't face any of the other problems, people are reporting here. Besides sluggish syncing of iMessages maybe. But that has been the case for so long now (first watchOS 8 update?) that I almost don't bother anymore.
Thanks for doing that. Ironic how they make a big deal over this watchface (which is cool and also needs more colors) only to break it a week later.

Reactions: Coltaine

MyTaron

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2022
Series 7, AT&T plan. Cellular was working fine. Upgraded to 8.4.1 today and now no cellular. I tried to reset and restore from backup, but no luck. In the Watch App on my iphone 13 won’t allow me to setup a cellular plan for my watch either.

ELman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
Series 7, AT&T plan. Cellular was working fine. Upgraded to 8.4.1 today and now no cellular. I tried to reset and restore from backup, but no luck. In the Watch App on my iphone 13 won’t allow me to setup a cellular plan for my watch either.
Since 8.4.1 I'm having the same issue with AT&T and my watch. Looking at my watch setting it's not longer showing the Network and Carrier. ICCID says no SIM and MEID says not available. Please let me know if you figure out the issue.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
God damn Apple! Again, another update that screws with S5. Pretty much bricked my watch. I already erased and restored it twice. The touch controls are not working and the battery draining faster. In the end my fault for forgetting to turn off automatic updates. I had the same issue a couple of updates earlier. I wish Apple would give an option to downgrade the OS. Sucks!

mrjackal

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2012
This update did not fix the issue with third-party charges. The only change for me is now when my watch is on my 3-in-1 charger, the watch face looks like it’s charging (green, charge circle, etc) it just doesn’t charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.