Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeanCorp

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Mail finally working 100% after 6 months (iOS13)?

Sorry..I know, I have way to high expectations.

Yes, Mail & Spotlight Search for opening apps, searching for contacts, messages has also been resolved in this update. I had logged an Extended Logging session and showed them the complete mail issue & spotlight search issue and they assured me it would be fixed in an upcoming iOS release.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Yes, Mail & Spotlight Search for opening apps, searching for contacts, messages has also been resolved in this update. I had logged an Extended Logging session and showed them the complete mail issue & spotlight search issue and they assured me it would be fixed in an upcoming iOS release.
Now I need a full public release ASAP.

GregJohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
While taking to someone using speakerphone, they could hear everything echo back to them. If they had any noise in their background it would drive them bat sh*t, at least according to my wife. Good thing this is fixed.

ahh that explains a lot... I don’t normally use speaker phone but I did once around Christmas and it was horrific but I thought it was the other person ?

Reactions: insomniac86

DeanCorp

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Now I need a full public release ASAP.
Yes I was told my case has been put on hold until I’ve downloaded the official release update and verified it is working correctly. My theory is it’s something to do with background processing issues (using resources) and it cannot multi task with the indexing properly while resources are starved.

For anyone having Mail issues in 13.3 or earlier please can you try my temporary fix.

1.) Airplane Mode phone for 30 seconds
2.) Quit Mail
3.) Settings > General > iPhone Storage (wait for the iPhone to finish calculating category sizes)
4.) Turn off Airplane Mode and try Mail again.

Please report back if that temporarily fixed your issue.

Reactions: scouser75

xMattForever

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2018
Why do people still expect beta versions to be as stable as officially released versions and then when theyre not, people say it's worse than the official? No **** ... it's a beta. Another thing I find funny is people complaining about iOS in general with each release saying it's worse than the last version. Try each new version of Android for awhile ... their official releases are buggier than iOS's Beta versions. iPhone users expect everything to be perfect, while Android users accept whatever is given to them while trying to convince themselves iOS is as bad or worse. Only thing Android users truly complain about is having to pay for apps and games.

• Angry
Reactions: Babygotfont

GregJohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
Why do people still expect beta versions to be as stable as officially released versions and then when theyre not, people say it's worse than the official? No **** ... it's a beta. Another thing I find funny is people complaining about iOS in general with each release saying it's worse than the last version. Try each new version of Android for awhile ... their official releases are buggier than iOS's Beta versions. iPhone users expect everything to be perfect, while Android users accept whatever is given to them while trying to convince themselves iOS is as bad or worse. Only thing Android users truly complain about is having to pay for apps and games.

android is a known mess - buggy - unstable - unoptimized, people just are use to iOS being so controlled that it usually has no issues.
I think the main problem is more people are using beta versions on their daily drivers, and it’s a lot easier to complain about every little thing and be heard than it was even 5 years ago. People are going to complain - I just focus on what issues (if any) that have an effect on my daily usage and report it and wait for the next beta or release to see if they fix it and 9 times out of 10 they do.

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
They don’t. They expect them to fix issues in the official release.

Reactions: NetMage

atomic.flip

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2008
Orange County, CA

Look. As a software developer and a 20 year manager of product development teams. I get very tired of these questions / statements about beta versions.

When you are brining out a totally new product and you’re in the Alpha phase it’s entirely acceptable to have totally unanticipated bugs. But when you’re just fixing existing bugs in RELEASED software. That is another story.

No patch fix OS update should ever break existing functionality. Even in beta. Period, end of story.

The only acceptable bugs should be those that are pre-existing and unresolved. i.e. you are testing a fix and the fix didn’t resolve the issue for everyone.
[automerge]1579060272[/automerge]
android is a known mess - buggy - unstable - unoptimized, people just are use to iOS being so controlled that it usually has no issues.
I think the main problem is more people are using beta versions on their daily drivers, and it’s a lot easier to complain about every little thing and be heard than it was even 5 years ago. People are going to complain - I just focus on what issues (if any) that have an effect on my daily usage and report it and wait for the next beta or release to see if they fix it and 9 times out of 10 they do.

Hey there. Please don’t take this as trolling your post. But I just want to point out that Android has come a long long way. As long as you stick to the core OS that Google develops. When manufacturers start dumping a bunch of proprietary bs on there (cough... Samsung... cough) then you run into problems.

But I maintain two development devices at all time. iOS and Android and my Google Pixels are amazingly solid. Even on betas.

That being said. Nothing and I mean nothing beats Apple’s customer service or their premium build quality. The software however has been suffering.

Last edited:

mistafro

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2003
Anyone else having their home icon go blank?
238D5004-72DE-44EA-A52E-BDD3B2E7D44D.jpeg

simon3163

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
oh wow. Spolight search is finally stable and working. first time for as long as i can remember..

Its finally back to being like google for my inner iPhone.

I can finally search for 'Address' when it then finds all the instances in iMessage where i text somone for their... Address...! plus lots more examples.

Im finally back to 2016.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Yes I was told my case has been put on hold until I’ve downloaded the official release update and verified it is working correctly. My theory is it’s something to do with background processing issues (using resources) and it cannot multi task with the indexing properly while resources are starved.

For anyone having Mail issues in 13.3 or earlier please can you try my temporary fix.

1.) Airplane Mode phone for 30 seconds
2.) Quit Mail
3.) Settings > General > iPhone Storage (wait for the iPhone to finish calculating category sizes)
4.) Turn off Airplane Mode and try Mail again.

Please report back if that temporarily fixed your issue.
Thanks Dean for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Fires I'll just continue waiting for the public release.

TechThule

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone else have a problem with “verification failed”?
on both iPhone and iPad i repeatedly get this message. Says I am no longer connected to the internet. MBP had no problem.

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.