Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lion_Mini_Yosemite_rMBP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
Nashville, TN
I recently had my MacBook Pro asleep for three days straight after fully charging, wifi off, and all applications closed. When I woke up my computer, my battery was down to 73%. Apple's official tech specs note that this machine should be capable of 30 days of standby time, not the 12 that I'm currently achieving at this rate. Are there any possible symptoms/solutions to this for anyone else that my have had this experience in the past? This is a consistent problem I seem to have. The only thing that I could think may be causing this is the fact that I have one of those Transcend JetDrive-like cards in my SD slot 24/7 in order to expand my storage. Could this be the problem?

•Note my computer currently has 205 cycles and a full charge capacity of 91.4% according to coconutBattery, so it would appear my battery is in decent shape.

Thanks!

blacktaxi2d

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
sometimes ill come home after closing my lid in the AM and the laptop wont even turn on. dead battery. and ive tried everything, something just wont let it sleep

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.