Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper keeps turning black

I have a iPhone 13 and since Friday my picture came off wallpaper and turned black. My phone has no updates. I’ve also let me phone die so can fully charge and now changed my wallpaper but the new picture is blurry. Any suggestions??

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 4:39 PM

Hello Niclouise89,

Changing your wallpaper might help with this issue. Do all wallpapers appear blurry? Are you using your own photos or the image choices built into the iPhone?

Take a look at this article for help with making those changes: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support.

Let us know if this happens with all your images and we can investigate further. Thanks and take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 4:39 PM in response to Niclouise89

Hello Niclouise89,

Changing your wallpaper might help with this issue. Do all wallpapers appear blurry? Are you using your own photos or the image choices built into the iPhone?

Take a look at this article for help with making those changes: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support.

Let us know if this happens with all your images and we can investigate further. Thanks and take care.

Dec 31, 2022 8:02 AM in response to Niclouise89

My iPhone 12 Pro Max wall paper turned blurry last night and at the same time froze my ability to open the phone. I was able to turn it off and then turn it back on. When I did it seemed to reset everything. This morning I woke up to a solid black background but no blurring. I turned my phone on/off again and in doing so it seemed to fix the problem. My wall paper returned to my previous setting. The blurring occurred one other time earlier this week but never before. The wallpaper turning black has happened several times over the last few months. Software bug issue?? My phone was fully charged and updated

Wallpaper keeps turning black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.