[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit v3.1 | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | 170+ Devices

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit v3.1

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Credits
MahApps (MetroUI)
SebRut (Tons of Coding)
regaw_leinad (AndroidLib)
ButchersBoy (Material Design)
Sandix (Additional C# Coding)
QuantumCipher (Original C# Guide)
Beatsleigher (Additional C# Coding)

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
FAQ, Troubleshooting and Guides!

Frequently Asked Questions
Which devices are supported in the toolkit?
You can check out which devices are supported here.

My device isn't listed!
You can submit a request here. Please include all the information you can about the device.

I submitted a request and my device hasn't been supported!
It's likely that there wasn't enough information or resources to support the device. Usually this means that no custom recoveries have been built for the device, or there is no official way to unlock the bootloader or safely gain root.

Can I post the toolkit in another forum/website?
Yes, as long as you link back to this post, use my download link, and message me to let me know. This helps me keep track of the number of downloads.

What operating systems can I use the toolkit with?
The toolkit supports Windows 7 and up.

Can you make a version for OSX or Linux?
I'd love to, but I don't have the coding ability to do it on my own. Send me a message if you'd like to work on that with me.

Can you add *feature specific to one device*?
Unfortunately, because the toolkit supports so many devices, I can only include features that work with every Android phone. I may include a tab in the toolkit with device-specific features in the future.

Can I check out the source code?
You sure can! It's up on GitHub here.

Troubleshooting
The toolkit crashes when I try to open it!
You probably have to update the .NET Framework on your computer to version 4.5. You can download it from here.
Another issue could be that you have the toolkit in the same place as old versions of the toolkit, which could cause some conflicts. Try putting the toolkit file in a new folder. You can also try deleting the Data folder so it will build a new one. You will have to choose your device from the settings menu again so it can redownload the correct recoveries.

The toolkit won't recognize my device!
There are a few thing that could be wrong. First, check that USB Debugging is enabled in Developer Settings. Next, double check that you installed the ADB Drivers correctly. You can redownload the installer here. Next, try using a different USB port. ADB sometimes has issues with USB 3.0 ports. If none of these solutions work, you may have to download the ADB Drivers for your specific device. You can check out this support page from Google to find your specific manufacturer and download their drivers.

I got an error when I tried to download TWRP/SuperSU/other file!
It's likely that you are not connected to the internet or the internet connection was lost during the download. Please close the toolkit, check your internet connection and try again. It's also possible that Amazon S3, the hosting site for the toolkit files, is down. You can check the status of that here.

Unlocking/Rooting/Flashing Guide
Coming Soon!

Last edited:

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Hello! Great job so far! I love the metro UI.

One problem, the GitHub link isn't working. :p

Thanks! And yeah, I ran into a major last minute issue, so the release is probably gonna be postponed until later this week. At that point, I'll release the full toolkit and upload the project on GitHub. :fingers-crossed:

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
You say it works for all m8 but then you also say it takes you to htcdev to unlock but Verizon can't use htcdev...so my question is does your program have a built in work around ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Mr Bill Florida

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
You say it works for all m8 but then you also say it takes you to htcdev to unlock but Verizon can't use htcdev...so my question is does your program have a built in work around ?

I was under the assumption that the Verizon M8 was unlockable through HTC Dev. That means right now the toolkit is not able to unlock the Verizon One (M8). However, most other functions should work. I've updated the post in the Verizon One (M8) forums to let people know about this. Terribly sorry. If you know of any of good workarounds, let me know, and I will see about implementing them in the toolkit in the future. :good:

Edit: After digging a bit, it looks like I'll be able to add the option of using Firewater to gain S-OFF and unlock the bootloader. This may get confusing though as most of the work will happen away from the toolkit, but I'll see what can be done by the next toolkit update.

Last edited:

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I was under the assumption that the Verizon M8 was unlockable through HTC Dev. That means right now the toolkit is not able to unlock the Verizon One (M8). However, most other functions should work. I've updated the post in the Verizon One (M8) forums to let people know about this. Terribly sorry. If you know of any of good workarounds, let me know, and I will see about implementing them in the toolkit in the future. :good:

Edit: After digging a bit, it looks like I'll be able to add the option of using Firewater to gain S-OFF and unlock the bootloader. This may get confusing though as most of the work will happen away from the toolkit, but I'll see what can be done by the next toolkit update.

If some how you can make you program able to change cid/mid then you can use htcdev as I did..but I believe you have to be s-off to change that.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
When running the program for the first time, I keep getting this error...

Z6p18vs.png

I'm getting the same here

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It looks like my file host FileSplat decided to go down. Of course. Well, as soon as http://www.filesplat.com comes back online, the file downloads should work. In the meantime, I will be finding a new file host and angrily emailing the current one.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
No problem. Just hoping source will be available soon :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC EVO 3D X515m mit Tapatalk

Once the downloading is fixed up, I'll upload it all to GitHub. Would you mind testing the new update for me later? I'll probably just message you a new build to make sure the downloads work.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

omegavesko

Jun 9, 2012
I'm a .NET developer and a One X owner, so I'd be happy to take a look at the source code once it's up. It looks very impressive, in any case! Looks very similar to some ideas I had myself, actually. We need more tools like this. :)

Also, thanks for introducing me to MetroFramework. Saves me the trouble of making themes myself in the future. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapscallion16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit v3.1

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Credits
    MahApps (MetroUI)
    SebRut (Tons of Coding)
    regaw_leinad (AndroidLib)
    ButchersBoy (Material Design)
    Sandix (Additional C# Coding)
    QuantumCipher (Original C# Guide)
    Beatsleigher (Additional C# Coding)

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    FAQ, Troubleshooting and Guides!

Frequently Asked Questions
    Which devices are supported in the toolkit?
    You can check out which devices are supported here.

My device isn't listed!
    You can submit a request here. Please include all the information you can about the device.

I submitted a request and my device hasn't been supported!
    It's likely that there wasn't enough information or resources to support the device. Usually this means that no custom recoveries have been built for the device, or there is no official way to unlock the bootloader or safely gain root.

Can I post the toolkit in another forum/website?
    Yes, as long as you link back to this post, use my download link, and message me to let me know. This helps me keep track of the number of downloads.

What operating systems can I use the toolkit with?
    The toolkit supports Windows 7 and up.

Can you make a version for OSX or Linux?
    I'd love to, but I don't have the coding ability to do it on my own. Send me a message if you'd like to work on that with me.

Can you add *feature specific to one device*?
    Unfortunately, because the toolkit supports so many devices, I can only include features that work with every Android phone. I may include a tab in the toolkit with device-specific features in the future.

Can I check out the source code?
    You sure can! It's up on GitHub here.

Troubleshooting
    The toolkit crashes when I try to open it!
    You probably have to update the .NET Framework on your computer to version 4.5. You can download it from here.
    Another issue could be that you have the toolkit in the same place as old versions of the toolkit, which could cause some conflicts. Try putting the toolkit file in a new folder. You can also try deleting the Data folder so it will build a new one. You will have to choose your device from the settings menu again so it can redownload the correct recoveries.

The toolkit won't recognize my device!
    There are a few thing that could be wrong. First, check that USB Debugging is enabled in Developer Settings. Next, double check that you installed the ADB Drivers correctly. You can redownload the installer here. Next, try using a different USB port. ADB sometimes has issues with USB 3.0 ports. If none of these solutions work, you may have to download the ADB Drivers for your specific device. You can check out this support page from Google to find your specific manufacturer and download their drivers.

I got an error when I tried to download TWRP/SuperSU/other file!
    It's likely that you are not connected to the internet or the internet connection was lost during the download. Please close the toolkit, check your internet connection and try again. It's also possible that Amazon S3, the hosting site for the toolkit files, is down. You can check the status of that here.

Unlocking/Rooting/Flashing Guide
    Coming Soon!
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.0 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.0 update is now out! It's a complete redesign, and fixes all of the downloading issues and errors that people have been facing.

I'm sorry I haven't been around to address many of your issues recently. I'm currently a senior in high school, and with school, a job, college applications and extracurriculars, XDA fell to the bottom of my priority list. I finally found some time to crank out an update, so I hope you all enjoy it. :)

As always, reply with any comments you have or issues you're facing, though I'd advise everyone to take advantage of the DevDB features to do this.
    Toolkit Now Up!

The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit is now up! :D I'll be uploading the source files to GitHub soon. Let me know of any issues you run into and what you think of it!
    Hello! Great job so far! I love the metro UI.

One problem, the GitHub link isn't working. :p

Thanks! And yeah, I ran into a major last minute issue, so the release is probably gonna be postponed until later this week. At that point, I'll release the full toolkit and upload the project on GitHub. :fingers-crossed: