Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shigatashway

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
So this is a really bizarre one. I installed Windows 10 on my 2016 15" TB Pro. I installed a few games that I'd previously been able to run perfectly well on my old 2012 retina. After a few minutes of playing, I notice that there are some audio issues when I play Skyrim, so I go to google. Many others had posted identical audio problems on several different forums, and all of them had the same solution: they had been installing their games on a secondary HD, and were able to resolve the issue by simply moving their Steam library onto their C: drive.

I'm thinking, dang, I already have everything installed exclusively on my C: drive, so that doesn't help me. A few missing sounds won't ruin the game.

Later, I try playing Assassin's Creed 4 and the game won't even launch without crashing. So once again, I go to google. Someone had reported a compatibility issue, where he could only get the game to run (albeit terribly) if the game was set to run in Windows 95 mode. A few posts later, someone asked if OP had been installing his games on a secondary drive, and suggested he try moving the game onto his C: drive. Sure enough, he reported that that had been his issue, and he was able to play the game normally.

On a hunch, I set AC4 to Windows 95 compatibility mode, and voila - the game launches for the first time (and runs like garbage). My guess is that something is wrong with the way bootcamp is installing windows, and is treating the C: drive as if it's not. I'm at a complete loss for a solution, and am hoping someone here might have some direction I could look to find a fix.

Ohelm

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2017
I cant start the new Ghost Recon Wildlands on my 15" MacBook Pro 2016 BootCamp... It kicks me back to Desktop after the first Screen.
Google tells me, it may be a solution to move the game from external HDD to C:

IT IS ON C: ALLREADY *Argh*

Some Idea what to do?

Thanks,

Axel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.